Saturday, October 20, 2012

Sooooo long!

Wow, it's been so long since I blogged!
It's actually been a long time since I made a card!

Ever have your mojo just up and leave?  I think that's
what happened mine.

I was at a stamp show the other weekend and picked up some new
stamps in hopes of bringing the mojo back to life.  I used 2 of those
stamps on this card I just made.  They are both from
Our Daily Bread - Soldier and Old Flag.

I made this for the challenge over at

The challenge was to make something CAS with
an element that goes off the edge.

This card was definitely an easy one!


Some of you reading this may know that my son recently
joined the US Marines, and I'm so proud of him!  When I
saw these stamps, I had to get them.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!

Recipe:
Stamps: Our Daily Bread Soldier and Old Flag
Paper: Rustic White, Night of Navy
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Sahara Sand
Misc: burlap, rhinestones, distresser
Pin It

7 comments:

Suzanne @ Day to Day said...

Why yes, yes I have had that happen. Love the card and would be a good one to send to OWH.

Tenia Nelson said...

What a wonderful card!!!

Mynn xx said...

This is amazing! LOVE the burlap--and the faded and distressed images are wonderful! :)

Janice M said...

Awesome card Julie!!! Love the burlap. Oh and I believe those stamps were from Our Daily Bread. ;0)

Marisa said...

This is fabulous, Julie! Love the burlap and the subtle image is fabulous as is the flag in the BG. I think the new goodies worked :)

Michele Gross said...

Wonderful card! Love the burlap. Thanks so much for playing along in our Over the Edge challenge. It's a very special week for us here at CAS-ual Fridays, and I hope you're enjoying all the sneak peeks :)
~hugs~
Michele

Kimberly said...

Julie - I LOVE that burlap going over the edge of your card. And what perfect stamps to get your mojo going again! Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!